Household pests can be a real pain in the neck to get rid of, especially if they've infested your home. Even if you have a professional pest control service, you can still have problems with pests in between visits. Instead of calling for additional treatments, here are some natural solutions to your pest problems.
If your pets have a problem with fleas, chances are that the fleas have found their way into your home. You can use ordinary table salt to get rid of the fleas and keep them away.
- Vacuum your carpets.
- Sprinkle a handful of table salt on the carpeting in each room of your home.
- Leave the salt to sit overnight.
- Vacuum the salt up as soon as you get up in the morning.
- Repeat this treatment once a week to keep the fleas out of your home.
Ants and Roaches
If you've noticed ant or roach activity in your home, you should take care of the matter as soon as you can. Ants and roaches can do significant damage to your home. Since ants and roaches hate lemon juice, this is a simple way to use lemons to keep them away from your bathroom and kitchen.
Supplies You'll Need
- 6 lemons
- 1 gallon of water
- Spray bottle
- Cut your lemons into thin slices.
- Pour 1 gallon of water into your bucket.
- Place the lemon slices into the water.
- Allow the water to sit for about 30 minutes.
- Pour some of the solution into a spray bottle.
- Spray down your counters and wipe the solution dry with a soft cloth.
- Spray a stream of lemon water around the baseboards of your home.
- Use the lemon water in the bucket to mop your bathroom and kitchen floors.
Warm weather can bring hundreds of flies into your home. Since you don't want to spend all your time walking around with a fly swatter, there's an easier way to get rid of the problem.
Supplies You'll Need
- Small net bags
- Eucalyptus leaves
- Bay leaves
- Place several eucalyptus and bay leaves in each of your net bags.
- Add about 3 cloves to each bag.
- Use a rolling pin to crush the contents of each bag.
- Hang one bag from each window in your home.
- Replace the contents once a month to keep the flies away.
For big pest problems, you should contact a pest control professional. For minor problems with ants, roaches, fleas and flies, you can use these natural repellents to keep your home free of bugs.